Festival on Parade!
The Answer is Here!
Looking for important information and updates about all of the fun you can have at the first-ever Festival on Parade? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Q: What is the Festival on Parade?
A: The first-ever Kansas City Renaissance Festival on Parade is a drive-through experience featuring over 20 of your favorite Festival foods. There will be exciting entertainment, featured artisans, and a chance to support Kansas City’s great Renaissance Tradition from the comfort and safety of your vehicle!
Q: What are the Dates and Hours of the Festival on Parade?
A: The Weekend of September 26th & 27th, 10am-5pm
Q: How much are tickets?
A: $20 per vehicle
Q: What does the $20 admission ticket include?
A: Each $20 vehicle ticket includes entrance for your vehicle. As a thank-you for attending the event, each ticket purchaser will receive a Kansas City Renaissance Festival on Parade goodie bag including giveaway items from our sponsors and partners. The even also features exciting entertainment, free fun, games, and activities along the way! Tasty treats and Goodies from Artisans are not included in the ticket price.
Q: Do I have to be there exactly at my ticket time or can I come any time during the hour?
A: Please make sure to check your ticket and arrive on the day and time you selected.
Q: Are food purchases included in the admission ticket?
A: Food purchases are not included in the $20 vehicle ticket price.
Q: Will alcohol be for sale at the Festival on Parade?
A: Alcohol will not be available at the Festival on Parade event.
Q: Will there be restrooms?
A: Emergency restrooms will only be available at the end of the Parade. Please plan ahead and use the restrooms at the Quiktrip or Casey’s on 130th St. to limit the amount of potential exposure.
Q: Can I attend as a pedestrian or biker? Can we go through the Festival on Parade on a bus or in an RV or over-sized vehicle?
A: Because this is a drive-thru event, guests must be in a standard passenger vehicle to participate; for safety and social distancing purposes, pedestrians, bikes and motorcycles will not be permitted. We understand that this may prevent those without vehicles from attending, but safety is our top priority, and mixing walkers and bikers with heavy vehicle congestion is a concern. In addition, because our village will be crowded with cars, and to keep the ordering process expedited, buses, RVs, limousines, commercial passenger vans, over-sized vehicles and trailers are not permitted.
Q: Can I make special requests, ask for custom food orders or place a pre-order?
A: We will not be able to accommodate special requests or custom orders because of our need to move vehicles through the parade route as efficiently and quickly as possible. Pre-ordering will not be available.
Q: Is smoking permitted?
A: Smoking in your vehicle is permitted, but we ask that you not smoke when you’re interacting with artisans, food vendors, entertainers or staff.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- This is a drive-thru event, so we ask that people remain in their vehicles. We’ll bring the ordering and food to you!
- All vehicles will follow a one-way parade route through the festival grounds passing by each vendor. In some areas along the route, there will be a bypass lane. For traffic management and safety reasons, we are not able to create a bypass lane throughout the entire route.
- Please use the restroom before entering the parade grounds.
- Bring a pen with you to fill out your orders – we’ll provide the menus. Plus, you’ll need pens for in-car games.
- We encourage those in your vehicle who will be placing and paying for orders to wear masks. All employees and participants of the Festival will be wearing masks and Health guidelines will be followed.
- Tickets must have been purchased online in advance.
- All attendees must be in standard passenger vehicles. Pedestrians, bikes, motorcycles, buses, RVs, limousines, commercial passenger vans, over-sized-vehicles and trailers are not permitted.
**All information subject to change**